FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
March 12, 2020
As an extra precautionary measure, we have decided to voluntarily postpone and reschedule events
scheduled in The Buffalo Rose event venue for the next seven days, over which time we will reassess our position
based on information available. We do not know if this step is necessary at this point, but we believe that erring on
the side of caution is the wisest course of action. The decision we are making today is our voluntary effort to
contribute to our collective efforts to stem the tide of the COVID-19 strain of Coronavirus until we have more
information on its potential impact on our community. Based on scientific reports, we want to take every feasible
measure to help “flatten” the transmission curve with the goal of stemming the tide of this virus as quickly as
The Buffalo Rose restaurant and bar will remain open. We are taking several measures ensure ongoing
sanitization and safety of our facilities, including:
- Requiring employees to stay home and requesting that they socially isolate themselves if they are ill or
believe that they have been exposed to the COVID-19 virus.
- Implementing enhanced sanitation and hand-washing policies for all employees.
- Providing additional resources that are available to guests and employees including hand sanitizers, extra
soap and paper towels in the restrooms. Encouraging the use of bathroom hand-dryers.
- Monitoring the advice from the Center for Disease Control (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO)
as well as FROM state and local authorities and responding to their latest guidance.
- Educating our employees on preventative measures provided by health professionals.
- Increasing the frequency and extent of our cleaning practices (i.e. additional wipe downs of all hard
surfaces including the kitchen, bathrooms, bars, and dining rooms).
- Discouraging all personal contact within our restaurant, including shaking hands, and increasing the
spacing of our seating arrangement.
We also ask all customers that if they feel at all ill, please refrain from patronizing The Buffalo Rose, or any
restaurant, and for customers to follow the transmission mitigation practices outlined above to the extent
possible. We appreciate your cooperation in our efforts as a community to do what is best for all of us during this
very challenging time. Please check buffalorose.net and our social media channels for further updates relative to
events at The Buffalo Rose.
The Buffalo Rose